Friday 18 September 2009

The plan...

It has been a good 8 months now thinking about and planning this trip so it is surreal to think that it has finally come around. Tonight I have just about cleared enough space in the tip on my desk to reach my keyboard and type this post. This time next week I will hopefully be holed up in a neon-lit Delhi budget hotel before breaking for the Taj Mahal at dawn.

I thought I would fill you in on my rough plan at least for the first few months because it seems like the right thing to do at a time like this. In a nut shell...I should arrive in Delhi on Wednesday on the 23rd September and meet Dave, a friend from college who has been in Thailand up until now. We will then spend 3 days in India followed by one month in Nepal before parting company again; Dave will return to England while I follow the yellow brick road south to Oz. In Sydney I hopeto work as a sailing instructor, living the dream for a few months before traveling up the east coast and then on to to New Zealand around Easter. My plans for New Zealand are a hazy combination of seeng and doing as much as possible before I turn homeward-bound back towards a second dose of Asia and then England.

No comments:

Post a Comment