Sunday 29 November 2009

Sydney Goodbye


Well...for those of you who don't know. last wednesday I made a snap decision to go travelling up the coast to Cairns rather than stay in Sydney right up until New Years. I had had a good month but couldn't see much excitement on the horizon in staying another one and was starting to fel like the adventure I set out on in September was grinding down slowly to a safe standstill. My itchy feet got the better of me and now I am gone.

I am now in the visitors centre of a small town called Mullumbimby which even the people half an hour away in Byron Bay have not heard of. I came to meet up with some friends here from the Blue Mountains who were camping here at a music festival. I think we were safely the only internationals there, and the whole festival was a fantastic affair full of more hippies than I have ever see, young, old, middle aged and toddlers. My own highlight was a final rave to aboriginee didgeree doo band but the real life Aussie Sound of Music styule family country jug band were also memorable!

I'm sorry I can't add any more pictures now but we are on our way up to the Gold Coast where we hopefuly won't have any TVs thrown on our heads by partying "schoolies"!

here are a few of my last images of sydney...






2 comments:

  1. Never mind about telling us to take care,Gabi, just make sure that you do too!

    Love and prayers from your concerned godmother (and your mum too!) Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mullumbimby has to be the best town name to say you're from! Ha! Well I was a bit out of touch with where you were until my Mum (who went for lunch with yours) corrected me when I said you were still in Sydney. So where are you now? Shall we skype at some time? What's your username? I couldn't find you on there. Hope you are getting in the Christmas spirit :P Lots of love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete