Saturday 21 November 2009

Sydney the third

Hello there!

Well I am once again writing to you from sunny Sydney, although I'm sorry to say that this time there a few less exciting adventures to report because I was actually doing some work for several days this week! I have moved base from Coogee which is down in the south, near Bondi beach to Mosman which is a lovely surburban area on the north shore. I am currently house sitting (and more importantly plant watering) here pending a probable move even further north to Manly if I can find a place I can afford! Later today I am going to view a room in an apartment up there which makes me feel very grown up indeed!

The real highlight of this week has been dinner at Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron (I am not sure why it is known as a squadron rather than a club...but if you can shed light please leave a comment :) ). It is in a beautiful location with sweeping views out over the harbour but I was shocked to find that on ordering the marinated lamb it was given to me raw on a plate. Now, call me old fashioned, but not cooking the food in a posh institution in England would not go down so well I don't think! It turns out however that these folks are so addicted to barbeques that it is not infrequent for it to be a DIY job. Being both English and a girl I felt about as unqualified as you can be for cooking steak on a barbie, but luckily there were some Aussie blokes around with helpful tips, like please go away and leave it alone. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment